It is the policy of TermShield to comply with the provisions of any registered Privacy Code that binds us. This policy describes the way we collect, hold and disclose information about individuals.
What information do we collect from you?
The types of information we ask you for will depend on the type of product or service we provide to you and may include the following:
- Your Name
- Transaction information relating to any products you purchase
We only collect information which we need to provide our products and services and to obtain supplies necessary for production.
You do not need to give us any of the personal information requested, but if you do not it may affect out ability to provide you with our products or services.
We may collect personal information directly from you, when you write to us, telephone us, email us, visit our internet site or place an order for goods or services with us. We only collect personal information by fair and lawful means and not in a way that is unreasonably intrusive.
We will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
We will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that the entity uses or discloses is, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure, accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- process orders you have given us;
- if you request, provide you with inspection reminder messages;
- respond to your queries;
- send you information about other products or services that may interest you – at any time you may request that we stop sending you information about other products or services;
- administer and manage the products or services we provide to you;
- where appropriate, ensure compliance with orders placed by us; and
- maintain and update our website.
We may disclose personal information:
- to our agents, contractors or third party service providers:
- in connection with the uses specified above; or
- that provide financial, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business, for example accountants, lawyers, IT support, debt collection agencies and credit reporting agencies;
- We may otherwise use or disclose the information:
- where the law requires or permits us to do so (eg. to law enforcement agencies); or
- where you consent.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your information is stored securely, whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only staff needing access to the information are allowed access. Your personal information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. TermShield will take all reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information if it is no longer needed for any of the purposes or uses disclosed above.
Access, correction, complaint
You can request access at any time to personal information we hold about you through our email service. We will process your request within 14 days wherever possible. We may charge you the reasonable cost of processing your request. We will only deny you access to your personal information in the circumstances provided for under any registered Privacy Code that binds us.
Please contact us if you wish to update or correct any personal information which we hold about you or if you wish to make a complaint regarding any breach of the privacy.
If at any time you are concerned about the way we are handling your personal information, or that we have breached any registered Privacy Code that binds us, you are able to make a complaint as follows:
- by emailing the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and setting out your complaint;
- we will then investigate your complaint and reply to you within 14 days of receipt of your complaint;
- if after investigating, we consider that there has been a breach, we will take immediate steps to rectify the breach, and put appropriate measures in place to ensure that it does not happen in the future; and
- if you are not satisfied with our response, you are able to make a complaint to the Office of any registered Privacy Code that binds us in writing or online.